Monday, December 12, 2005

My first newsletter from Cheadle Hulme (October 11th)

Hello everyone!Cheadle Hulme,south Manchester has a new resident.That's me.I've been in Cheadle Hulme for about a month now and for me,this is my new home for the foreseeable future.My year at Bible school at Capernwray Hall has been and gone and as I write this, a brand new student is sleeping in my old bed at Capernwray.

My time of working at Capernwray in the summer has been and gone also.I had an amazing summer and saw God work in me in ways I hadn't previously let Him.Times in the summer were hard but I could see at the end of it that things had changed in me and I came out the better for it.

I've said it before and I'll say it again,God is good and all the time.

I'm in south Manchester now starting what most people would call my new 'job'.I don't quite see it that way though.God has given me a huge priveledge and opportunity to talk about Him day-in,day-out and I really can't see that priveledge and opportunity as a 'job'.I love working with God each day and it's such a blessing and honour to do so.

I am currently in Orrishmere Primary School on a Monday morning and Cheadle Hulme School,which is a grammar school,all day Wednesday.In Orrishmere I am with the 7 year olds as a bit of a classroom assistant and then in Religious Studies classes all day Wednesday in Cheadle Hulme School with the students any age between 11 and 16.

As well as that I am of course doing things at church and along with Becky and Daniel,the other two youth workers,we are in charge of the 0-30 year olds.I am mainly with the 5-11 year olds and the 14+ age group but will of course be involved with the other ages too.

There is a training day every Thursday that I go to,at Leyland near Preston and that has already been beneficial.We are starting up in our small groups soon where we'll have to teach or lead a Bible study on a passage in 1 Thessalonians aimed at young people so that should be a good challenge.

I do love it all as I get to play around with the kids,teach different ages,lead Bible studies,talk to multi-faith classes in schools about God,play football,learn more of God and the Bible,run fun activities,get along side the youth and generally be involved in church life.It's all good!

Just as I close,I would like to leave you with some things you can be talking to God about on my behalf,
1. Thank God for this amazing priveledge and opportunity
2. That God would use me to challenge some of the young people in the schools I visit
3. That I would work well with Daniel and Becky
4. Finally,that I wouldn't get too lost in the 'work' and still take time out with God

Thank you all once again for either your support,prayer or just being there for me to talk to.Thank you all,
Jonathan

No comments: