Monday, May 01, 2006

That was America

Well folks, that was America. I was there from 15th-29th April and it was amazing! I had such a fantastic and was sad to leave such good friends behind but I do hope to get out again next year sometime maybe. What a fantastic time I had!

I saw Bellingham, Salem, Portland, the Oregon Coast, Seattle (and all those places around it like Bellevue, Kirkland and so on) and even a wee bit of Vancouver, BC. It was an amazing trip. I saw - Caleb, Danny, Pamela, Kylie, Meredith, Aly, Ben Thomas, Heidi and Marja, Kellyn, Dana, Brittani, Sharon, Dawn, Erin, Janice and Erik. I am sorry if I forgot anybody, I really am.
Among the thousands of people I met for the first time where - Josh, Caleb's brother, Hannah, Caleb's girlfriend, Abbie, Caleb's sister, Rick and Linda, Caleb's parents, Tim, Caleb's housemate, Joe, Kellyn's boyfriend, Kasey, Kara, Kirsten and Kitty, Kylie's 4 sisters, Matt and Jamie, Kylie's parents, Emily, Kellyn's friend and Hannah's family. Again, sorry if I've missed out some people.

I got to eat at Boomer's burgers, Burgermaster, Las Margaritas, Starbucks (does that count?)and Quiznos to name a few. I tried for the first time - Teriyaki, Thai and slurpees to again, name but a few. I enjoyed eating while in the states!

I never realized how beautiful Washington and Oregon where until I saw them first hand. Multnomah falls, Mt. Hood, Mt. St. Helens, Mt. Baker, they were all beautiful. Even the cities of Portland and Seattle where beautiful and attractive in their own way. Down town Portland had it's own style and felt relaxed. It did have a lot of weird statues and art pieces but I got past those soon enough. Seattle, although just one big, mad hill was entertaining, exciting and interesting. It again had a certain relaxed feel to it. I got to see quite a bit of it and was soooo impressed by it.

I want to say thank you to so many people. They have already been thanked but I want to put it on here and thank them again. Whether they drove me somewhere, put me up for a night or two, met me somewhere, planned stuff for me or whatever, I want to thank them.
Thanx to Caleb for having me to stay and for being a fantastic friend. It was great to hang out again and renew a good, old friendship. Thank you.
Thanx to Kellyn for, despite having a ton of work for school and being rather tired most of the weekend was always kind, pleasant and patient with me. She showed me so much of Seattle and her church, what a great tourguide. Once again, it was great to renew a good, old friendship.
Thanx to Kellyn's mum, Bonny, who made amazing cheesecake, washed a hoodie of mine and even gave me a birthday card.
Thanx to Kylie for putting up with me and planning great stuff for us to do. Really was good to see you again and meet all your sisters as well as your mum and dad.
Thanx to Danny and his family for putting Pamela, Caleb and I up for a night while in Portland.
Thanx to Ben Thomas for meeting me and taking me to Multnomah falls and to Multnomah Bible school, was great to see you again.
Thanx to Pamela for buying me a Mexican lunch! Also for talking with me in Peet's coffee and just hanging out, chatting and showing me Portland. Thank you Pamela.
Thanx to Dana and Brittani, it was great to hang out with you guys again and laugh like at Bible school. "I like meat" was something Brittani came out with on the way to Las Margaritas, not sure why, but it made us laugh! Thanx to Dana for showing me Seattle as well and making me laugh, I had forgotten how funny you were!
Thanx to Josh, Caleb's brother for driving me down to Portland to meet Kylie. It was a fun car journey with good chats and laughs.
Thanx to Heidi and Marja for showing us the ghetto that is Tacoma. It had some nice stuff. Honestly, it did. Also, thanx for introducing me to Thai and the fun we had in that restaurant.
Thanx to Josh McNeely for getting me to do the announcements at Overlake, in the High School service last Sunday morning!
Thanx to Sharon for coming all the way down from Kamloops, via Vancouver to see me. It was so great to hang out again, beat the Americans at pool, watch Three Angles and ring Jonny boy on his birthday. Sharon, thank you so much.
Thanx to Caleb again and his family for giving me a birthday meal. I had such a great, relaxing day and then to just go over for dinner and relax was great.
Thanx to Shawn for coming up to Bellingham and taking the time out to do that.
Thanx to Janice and Erik for coming to the airport on Saturday even though I had such little time to see you guys, it was still good to hug you both and talk for a bit.
Thanx finally to Hannah for being so kind and for making almond rocha, it was great on the plane!
Again, sorry to those of you I have left out.

This is a long entry but I hope you enjoy the photos. Thanx for reading and if you have any questions about what else I did and so on, feel free to comment, e-mail or ring. You guys are great :)

10 comments:

Pamela Joy said...

Oh Jonathan. What a delightful time I had with you! I love you in my heart. You're my favorite Norn. Irishman.
In other news I found out today that the guy I sit next to in history is origionally from Dublin... and made the slight mistake of saying "Oh sweet, I just got to see my friend from Norn. Ireland last week."
I'm not going to lie to you Jonathan. He called you guys blanking-ing Brits. Which is true. You are. I still like you the most though.

Jón Magnús said...

Thanks to Marisa for having to deal with a last minute change of plans and a broken heart.

Danny said...

Jonathan, It was a pleasure to spend time with you and reminisce about Capernwray and ... old room mates... You are welcome in my home anytime. Caleb and Pam are not, but you are... kidding about Caleb and Pam... sort of ;)

kaylie said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
kaylie said...

you came and went without seeing me. we have the same last name and birthday for heaven's sake we should have atleast seen each other! two years in a row that we're in the same country for our birthdays, how likely is that!? but alas i'm not that naieve, i know no one likes me.

shinbone #4 said...

Wow.. all those kudos read like the inside of a cd jacket for one of those lesser known bands.
Jonathan Elvis Marie Wilson - look at you all linked up to Shaz's site and I didn't even realize. How are you these days??? I mean, really, you can tell me the truth. You have missed me every day we've been apart. uh, uh, uh... don't say "Grace who". YOu can't fool me... pining, that's what you're been doing - admit it. And come by my site sometime. Stay awhile. We have some catching up to do.
xx's G

shinbone #4 said...

P.S. How on earth can one aquire a copy of 3 angles??? Please?

Anonymous said...

Bummer didn't know you were in Portland! Glad you had a rad trip though, Oregon is definately beautiful. :)

Becky said...

Thanks to Sarah and Becky for getting you from the airport and helping you stay awake through jet lag. tuh....

Anonymous said...

Man I wish you were back here!!!! I had so much fun with you in seattle Jon. Thanks for putting up with my crazy driving...seattle traffic is insane. Come stay any time!!