Friday, May 19, 2006

Read this (I think there's something in it for all the family) (It's like a boufet, pick and choose what you want, you don't have to have it all)

Ok, I really am just going to ramble and see what happens.

You know what I found really strange when I was in America? When Caleb, Hannah and I went to Starbucks before church to get coffee. Not only that, it was a Starbucks drive-thru! What the!? Crazy! Then we drank it in church. Madness I tell you, madness.

There is a funny British comedian I found on YouTube.com
His name is Tim Vine and I think he is a Christian, don't quote me on that one (right now I see people copying and pasting,"His name is Tim Vine and...he is a Christian") and his stuff is just hilarious! The clip on YouTube is about 6 and a half minutes and it's brilliant! It's just pun, after pun, after pun and all clean! It's superb, please do check him out.

What else...

Ohh aye! I started reading "The Da Vinci Code" on Monday there. I'm quite hooked. It's a good book (don't worry, I have also heard outcry from people that it's a terrible book, but I'm gripped!) and am about 1/3 of the way through already. I think I might be going to see the film on Monday so I want to finish the book before I see the film.

My mum and dad are visiting for a few days at the start of June and then on the 23rd-25th June my sister and mum are visiting as there's a thanksgiving day at Capernwray on 24th for the new dining room so they're staying here and going to Capernwray for the day on Saturday.

Lindsey, Marisa's friend, who is at Bible school now is coming to visit and staying over until the Saturday. It's all go go go!

Oooohhh boy! How can I not mention the fact that the World Cup, the greatest spectical on earth, starts on 9th June. Bring it on! I am torn between a few countries though. Just because I have a South Korean and Ecuadorian shirt, I'm not sure who to support. Yet because of you guys in America, I also want to support the States in the World Cup (yes, that's right, you guys ARE in the FOOTBALL World Cup) (oops, I mean, SOCCER World Cup). Saying that, so are Australia. Go figure.

I like these big, literally random, blogs. What else can I harp on about.

Ohh, I'll make this the last thing. No, wait, second last thing. The Chili's new album is just amazing. Let me highlight some tracks for you - 'Tell me Baby', 'Wet Sand', 'Readymade', 'Hard to Concentrate', '21st Century', 'Hump de Bump','Snow ((Hey Oh))' along with the single, 'Dani California'. Just superb.

Last thing - I bought Family Guy season one and two on DVD the other day. Do I need them? No, not really but they were in the sale.

Ok, really last thing - on www.adifferentdirection.com I found a Christian t-shirt. I know how much you all probably hate them, but this one was frickin awesome! In the style of the Napoleon Dynamite, "Vote for Pedro" t-shirt (I actually bought one from Fred Meyer when I was in America) there was a t-shirt saying, "Jesus Died For Pedro"! Fantastic! Check it out on the website along with Tim Vine on YouTube.
Peace out yo.
(Sorry about the 'peace out' thing, my housemate does it, he thinks he's black and speaks jive. He doesn't. He's white. He does wear vest/wife beaters though. That doesn't make him black though, or help him speak jive. He just wears them. Have you met him? His name is Chris)

8 comments:

Pamela Joy said...

Random notes in response to a random post:
- The davinci code IS evil and you are evil for reading it (j/k j/k but it is true that I'm not much of a fan, entertaing though I hear that it is).
- I am sad to report that I DID NOT know that the US made it to world cup - but then again I also have no idea what basketball teams are in the playoffs, or if said playoffs are over yet, or who played in (much less one won) the baseball world series (I think that's done, but I'm not really sure). so I guess that's not saying much that I didn't know.

- The Chili's (as you so often refer to them) are a boy-band, in the truest sense of the phrase: they are a band that boys like. All the people I know who are really into them are boys. It is boys who made me hate them - 15 year old boys who played one album on repeat for the ENTIRE horrible 27 hour drive down to Mexico and back, I have not been able to recover for that over-exposure, I am sorry. Please still be my friend?

-Finally, I used to work at a coffee shop with a drive through. Not fun. Big rushes.

Janice said...

haha well. random responses, round 2.

oh the da vinci code. i liked the book and i may or may not see the movie (last night i saw over the hedge and it was brilliantly hilarious, so now i've spent my movie watching money), but i'm sure it's okay too. people getting all up in arms over fictional material makes me just a weensy bit mad.

the red hot chili peppers are awesome. i'm as into them as i am any band, i guess, but i also agree with pamela, most people who love them are boys. hm. weird. although the person who introduced me to them was a girl. ooo the video for dani california is awesome.

wow. that was long...

Josh said...

I've been waiting for the World Cup FOR-EV-ER. Luckily in the states every game will be televised.

Technically it's called ebonics not jive. There are lots of people like Chris in the states.

Sam said...

The Chili peppers' new album is amazing and I owe you a very large favour for lending it to me...would lending you a video projector for the world cup be a good enough favour?

And that Tim Vine video is pure genius.

heidi said...

boufet? great.

Josh said...

Unfortunately, the US was less than impressive in a 1-0 loss to Morroco last night.

Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed looking at your site, I found it very helpful indeed, keep up the good work.
»

Anonymous said...

This site is one of the best I have ever seen, wish I had one like this.
»