Monday, May 22, 2006

More like a finger bouffet this time...

I liked that last post of mine so here goes another...

First point - I have just listened to Natasha Bedingfield's album - Unwritten and it's quite good. Chris had it on his laptop so I just put it onto my ipod a few weeks ago but never listened to it. It's good though, check it out.

Second point - It's my day off today and I spent like an hour and a half just sat in Starbucks reading my Bible and the Da Vinci Code (I know, contradiction or what?!) but it was just nice. The only Starbucks close by is in Borders, a bookshop, but it's above the bookshop so you can sit and drink your drink and look down on everyone below, pretty sweet.

Third Point - It's been raining for like 10 days straight now, that sux. I'm not joking, 10 days, not one completely dry. I know, I know, "But that's Britain" and yes it is, but I mean, for crying out loud, winter was drier! That's when it's meant to rain, not when we're almost into summer. Steve McQueen.

Point four - I have just past the bit in the Da Vinci code where it is down right blasphemy and lies. My Mexican housemate Daniel wants to read the book when I'm done with it but I don't know how he's going to get past all my writing and doodling on those pages where it talks crap about Mary Magdalene and how Peter was jealous and Jesus told Mary Magdalene to build His church. But who was the one preaching to thousands on Pentecost? Mary? Nope! Peter's story in Acts rubber stamps his transformation throughout the Gospels from idiot, not-thinking-before-he-speaks, eejit to being used in powerful ways by God, evident at Pentecost. Jesus even told him he'd be a rock upon which His church would be built. Not Mary Magdalene. Sorry Dan, but you're just an eejit. You aint going to topple the church with a made-up fictious story. If the Devil can't defeat Jesus, nor can you sunshine.

So yeah, a wee rant towards the end there as my anger at the Da Vinci Code is clear!

I'm now listening to a song I got off Sarah's computer - Starship - We Built This City. All is well in the world.

5 comments:

Pamela Joy said...

3 things: Borders is my favorite place in the world because you can listen to all the cds for free (well some of them... mine in Corvallis you can, stupid Portland and Salem ones don't let you), but I'm sorry to hear they carry Starbucks - they just switched to Seattle's Best here but they used to be Pete's Coffee and Tea.
2nd - that's what I don't get about the DaVincci code - entertaining or not, I just don't see why I'd want to be entertained by something that's based around herasy and lies. I know I sound like a conservative freak about that... but I really don't get it.
And third - Starship's We Built This City was voted the 3rd worst song of all time. Sorry to break it to you. But on the good side my 12th grade senior social studies class voted in a constitutional amdendment (in our mock constitutional convention) to change our National Anthem to that song. It was the only amdendment in our class that passed.

Josh said...

Certainly I'll be your World Cup accountability partner. I honestly don't know how long the US will last. They'd be doing very well if they get out of the group stage (Czech Republic, Italy, Ghana, US).

SClerk said...

A Good Song im sure you'll agree!!

Leslie Puiras said...

haha listen Jon, I'm glad to hear Da Vinci is getting the old ticker going. I thought it was well written.. A lot of it is crap, but its well written crap.. ;) If it gets someone to pick up their bible so God can show them the TRUTH, then consider it a small blessing. ;) Anyhoo.. Hows it going? Just wanted you to know the fish jumped.. yep.. the staircase for trout. I should have taken pictures for you. I will next season.. Hahaha.

Anonymous said...

Looks nice! Awesome content. Good job guys.
»