Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Heating

Hello everyone!

I thought I would blog again for the benefit of, well, mainly Evonne, Sharon and Grace who read this and comment. Ohh yeah, and my mother who likes to read but send her comments via text message.

I'm sat in a cold house, our heating is up the left and I've not had a hot shower in over a week now. It does affect you, it does annoy you but I'm not going to achieve anything by moaning about it.

I'm now into my fourth week in my new job with Christians in Schools. It has been going so well and I'm really enjoying it. It's mainly just listening and learning and although that can sometimes be frustrating, it's necessary and so worthwhile in the long term. So the job is going great.

You know, last week there when we had no heating for 3 days, I decided to make the most of that. I decided that seeing as the temperature was the same inside as it was outside, that I might as well get a change of scenery and go outside. So I had my two t-shirts, jumper, hoodie, hat, scarf and big boots on and went and stood outside.

When I got out there, the beautiful light pollution of Manchester meant that the cloudy sky was illuminated by pumpkin orange light. That kinda sucked. I did see one star though. Couldn't tell which one as the rest of the sky had that orange candy floss filling it.
Still, I had a good chat with God and asked Him to keep the three of us (Chris, Pete and myself) warm that night. I just asked for real practical help.

God is good. He answered straight away.

He gave me an idea for Chris and I.

For Chris, we moved the electric heater from downstairs into his room. So that was one person sorted.
For me, I moved my matress downstairs into the dining room and slept infront of the warm, open, gas fire all night. It was beautiful.
For Pete, well, Pete took what I like to call, "the king David approach". What I mean by that is, Pete took to bed with him a human hot-water bottle. So I guess each of us were kept warm that night in our own unique and individual ways.

3 comments:

Paul and Evonne said...

Classic - im sitting at me wee desk here in HK and im LOL at your we posting my dear!! Come to HK its 27degrees!! Glad your able to make the most of your situations. I love you and miss you. When you coming to Scotland to visit us? We get back 31st March!

Anonymous said...

ummmm - hahaha on the human hot water bottle - that was a gooder! Our heating breaks all the time - and a really good tip for during the day is to just turn your oven on and leave the door open. It gets the house nice and toasty.

Pamela Joy said...

Yikes, not having heat is no good. I'll be your human hot water-bottle any time you want. Oh wait... no I won't... but I will pray that you'll stay supernaturally warm or else have your heat returned quickly... or else learn a lot from this experience ;-)