Wednesday, January 24, 2007

New year, new job

Well hello again friends,
It's a new year and I am in a new job.

I started at Christians in Schools on Monday and it is sweeeeeeet! I love it!

I am shadowing Andrew for a while and so I've been into a couple of the clubs he does at lunchtimes. It's been exciting stuff! I'm also in the office quite a bit. We bought a desk for me on Monday and put it up and all. Got a nice swinging chair too. I get my own computer as well. It's brilliant!

Andrew and I popped into a school today to see how their Big Deal mission week is going. Sue, who we also work with, is in there all this week so she hasn't been in the office. We were in the back of a classroom which had a couple of The Message's band in doing a lesson. I got to meet one of the girls from Blush UK who was taking part of the lesson. She came and introduced herself to me which was great and said how much she's looking forward to working with me in the future. It settled my nerves about those guys which was good. You see, Blush UK and LZ7 are kind of Christian celebrities in this area and I'll be working with them directly when the Big Deal mission weeks take place in the schools I'm responsible for. Jess was great though and so nice when we were talking. I am actually really looking forward to working with them and the Message more in the future.

Tomorrow we have plenty to be doing as we go to Tesco, go into a school at lunchtime and then will be with Sue at her school from the afternoon into the late night as LZ7 and Blush UK have a gig there in the evening. I am looking forward to it although it will be a packed and busy day. Mightn't be home again until after 11pm possibly.

I do love this job already.

I keep turning to Andrew in the office and laughing as I say, "So we're going into school, then to a meeting, then in to see Sue and Blush UK". What a job!

P.S - If anyone didn't receive my latest newsletter and would like to, just leave a comment with your e-mail address or send me a wee e-mail and I'll send you one

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good to hear about your new job - been thinking about you this week. Hope the fun continues!! Loving the pics from Iceland. I've looked at them 3 times this morning - lol.... i need to get I think!!! hope to hear from you soon buddy. love ya.

shinbone #4 said...

Jon!! What an exciting turn of events. I would love to be on your email newsletter list. It will help me more effeectively stalk you. :D
grace.schienbein@gmail.com