Sunday, December 31, 2006

Iceland baby, yeah!

Hello folks,
I type this on a mac in Jon and Marisa´s appartment. Yup, in Iceland. That´s where I am right now, in Iceland. With Jon and Marisa. In Iceland. Yup.

Lindsey and I arrived here yesterday at 2.30pm into an airport that looks like Pizza Hut. Iceland is on the same time as Britain so it meant jet lag wasn´t an issue, was just good to be here after being up from 4.30am so I could fly from Belfast International to London Stansted then Stansted on to Reykjavik.

This country is beautiful, very beautiful. The mountains are covered with snow right now but it´s not totally freezing. Yesterday when we landed it was 7-8 oC so that wasn´t cold at all. Today there is some frost and ice on the ground and it´s nearer 0 oC so it is cold today.

We´ve already been to a big church this afternoon, the biggest building in Iceland. We spent like 30 mins taking pictures, it was so much fun. Of course, pictures will follow , probably when I´m back home. I´m sure that Marisa one will have pictures on her blog too at some point.

Tonight is of course New Year´s Eve and after we go to church at 6pm we´re having something to eat with Jon´s family and some others then we´ll watch the fireworks, yippee! Should be a good night!

Well, I shall sign off for now, I´m being distracted by ´America´s Next Top Model´ on the TV with Icelandic subtitles.
Happy New Year everybody! Hope you enjoy your evening of staying up late and see you guys next year!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Bud. Hope you have a fab and holiday a very happy new year. I've only ever been to iceland on my way to Canada so im jelous that you are getting to see outside of the airport. is it true that greenland is colder than iceland?

shinbone #4 said...

Amen. It is ridicuolously cold here generally. It's even worse when the country called ICEland is warmer than here. Anyway, yay for Iceland, yay for fireworks! I'm sure it was an awfully big adventure :D
Happy New Years Stinky Poo.

Court said...

Hi jon, I thought I'd just say hi. And add that I'm so happy you get to see iceland. The pictures always leave me in complete awe.